Pictured below, our founders carry eclectic backgrounds that have made our community an enriching and diverse place. Starting counterclockwise from the first row on the left:
- Daniel Aizenman holds a B.S. in Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior and is finishing up his Masters in Community and Conservation Biology with Miami University and the San Diego Zoo.
- Alfredo Dosantos, the Grand Amazon Lodge & Tours general manager, has a B.S. in Biology. Not only has he worked as a lead guide, but he also worked for the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and Instituto de Investigaciones de la Amazonia Peruana (IIAP). His work at the IIAP helped lead the creation of the Pucacuro National Reserve in Peru.
- Yair Aizenman carries a Ph.D. in Neuroscience.
- Patrizia Marchese studies medicinal plants in the Amazon and has a Ph.D. in Biology.
- Gabriel Aizenman studies Computer Sciences.
Our founders share a love of animals, travel, and sharing and preserving this area of the beautiful Amazon. When you book an Amazon Rainforest vacation, you are helping preserve the area by providing work to the locals that steer them away from hunting and logging.